Should you buy a glass bong or a plastic bong?
Looking to buy your first bong? You might be wondering, are plastic bongs good? why are glass bongs better? Both materials have their advantages, but you aren’t here for an essay so I will list the positives and negatives of each material and link you to the best online bong shop around.
You have an important choice to make here, this is going to change the next year or so of your life, fame or humiliation awaits, so you better read on and take in the following information!
Plastic Bong Positives:
- Extremely durable. Hard to break (unless you get stoned and stand on it).
- Wallet friendly. Plastic bongs are super cheap to buy, allowing them to fit the budget of every smoker.
- Easy to clean. The stand at the bottom normally comes off, allowing for a nice easy clean.
Glass Bong Positives
- Amazing taste. No material can compare to the hit that you get from glass bongs.
- Dem curves. There are many popular glass blowers producing amazing designs.
- Option to modify. Additional water chambers (precoolers) and percolators will change the way you smoke.
So you see, both of these bongs have their own positives, glass bongs are not exactly hard to clean but if you are clumsy you need to make sure you don’t knock it against a bathroom tile whilst cleaning or it will most likely smash. Now lets talk about the negatives and pick on the bong materials flaws.
Plastic Bong Negatives:
- They never look as cool as a stylish glass bong and aren’t going to be impressing the stoner chicks.
- Rarely are available with smoke filters such as percolators and precoolers.
- Once the smell of stale smoke occurs it is really hard to get rid of it.
Glass Bong Negatives:
- A devastating and heartbreaking smash is an everlasting danger.
- Going to cost you a little more than plastic.
- Tar build up is much more noticeable on transparent glass than colored plastic
What do I recommend?
Wondering whether to buy a plastic bong or a glass bong can be a difficult choice, maybe you should buy a cheap plastic one and a glass one! In an ideal world, perhaps you would, but most of us have a budget to stick to. So anyway, you are asking for my knowledgeable opinion, and oh boy, am I going to give it to you. Here it comes. Plastic bongs suck. I have tried them out and I am not a fan. The taste and feel of the smoke is a big deal for me and most other smokers, for this reason, all positives and negatives aside, I recommend that you get yourself a glass bong over plastic.
Want to hear about other methods of smoking such as the bong vs joint or pipe? Check back soon for a new comparison post. Pining to read more bong related information? Check out our other posts, some great information here for those who love to read!